Title/Position: Publishing Intern
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Internship
Crooked Lane Books/ Alcove Press is looking for a creative, ambitious, and versatile intern to join our team. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity with immediate chances for learning and growth. It will challenge anyone whose interests combine editorial, promotional, and production responsibilities. Duties include administrative tasks, assisting in the production, marketing, publicity and sales of all titles, evaluation of submissions, and attendance at in-house meetings.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Support the promotional process from acquisition through publication
- Traffic edited manuscripts throughout the entire production process from copyedits to galleys to printer-ready files
- Draft sales and marketing copy and materials for sales, key accounts, and consumers, including but not exclusive to catalog copy, galley copy, and flap copy
- Read, comment, and route submissions from agents and authors
- Conduct special research projects as they arise including comparable title and sales analysis
The ideal candidate would have a B.A. or B.S. as well as 1-2 applicable internships. Candidates must be organized and detail-oriented entrepreneurs who are able to work on projects that require a diverse skill set. Rigorous analytical thinking as well as the ability to monitor and support multiple projects simultaneously are a must. S/he must be passionate not only about books but the processes that deliver them to readers. S/he should be ready to take independent responsibility for projects immediately, and be poised for rapid professional growth. An interest in mysteries is a plus.
Founded in 2014, Crooked Lane Books/Alcove Press is an independent publisher that strives to entertain the many readers of commercial literature. Responsive to readers’ interests and agile within the industry, our experienced team works with growing and emerging authors to break out their titles and bring them to the widest possible audience.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org